Discworld

Bit of a long shot...

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Bit of a long shot...

Postby Pat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 09:31 am

I have two of the original stop-frame puppets used to make the Truckers TV series. When I got them, about 15 years ago, they were already showing their age and the latex has perished. I had hoped to take them to a display next month but when I took them out of the cabinet, I discovered the intervening years had not been kind and they're now so fragile I'm even scared to put them into a carry case!

Does anyone know of a company who could undertake the restoration? I've Googled up two - one is in the US and the other is a sculptor who has restored several of the Spitting Image puppets. Any other suggestions?
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Re: Bit of a long shot...

Postby chrisboote » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:09 am

Is the sculptor Helena Curry?

If not, she's who I would recommend

I met her at the Cartoon Museum with the restored Roy Hattersley head
Reading: Staring at the remains of a dead tree and hallucinating
chrisboote

Re: Bit of a long shot...

Postby Pat » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:19 pm

chrisboote wrote:Is the sculptor Helena Curry?

If not, she's who I would recommend

I met her at the Cartoon Museum with the restored Roy Hattersley head

That's the one! There's a company in the US with a most impressive track record (being near Hollywood helps, I suppose) but they ARE in the US.
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Return to The Kitchen Table