Discworld

I think I've got Mandela Syndrome

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

I think I've got Mandela Syndrome

Postby Pat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:57 am

I'm sure I remember seeing video of Andrew Sachs playing the spoons on the set of Going Postal but buggered if I can find it. What am I confusing it with?
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Re: I think I've got Mandela Syndrome

Postby chrisboote » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Pat wrote:I'm sure I remember seeing video of Andrew Sachs playing the spoons on the set of Going Postal but buggered if I can find it. What am I confusing it with?

He did play the spoons for us, not sure if anyone filmed it
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
chrisboote

Postby Pat » Fri Jul 20, 2018 01:44 pm

Ah, that's where I remember it from. Asking as I have recently acquired a pair of spoons from Going Postal... I think they're digging spoons (or one digging spoon and its stunt double)
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby Alan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 05:14 pm

Its not on the dvd extras is it?
Romani ite domum
Alan

Postby SANEAlex » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:08 pm

The Andrew Sachs sky trailer interview is here on the youtubes but i could not find any spoon videos:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqruV13e9es

And if any of you want to see Pat and other fans being interviewed on set:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjaCnZaDOA

And for all you sadists out there at around 2:30 mark you can see me getting the air cannon directly in the face. Much as i enjoyed the overall experience of being one of the fan extras on set, being Claire Foy's place marker in front of the hangman's gallows was a slight disadvantage at that point. Though Basements singing a duet with the hangman whilst between shots still makes me smile occasionally.
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU 'nk you Professor Sir“Mr”Terry Pratchett(pTerry)OBE #BlackboardMonitor #TheManInTheHat,Author #GuiltyOfLiterature !!!!
SANEAlex

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Jul 21, 2018 02:27 pm

SANEAlex wrote:The Andrew Sachs sky trailer interview is here on the youtubes but i could not find any spoon videos:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqruV13e9es

And if any of you want to see Pat and other fans being interviewed on set:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAjaCnZaDOA

And for all you sadists out there at around 2:30 mark you can see me getting the air cannon directly in the face. Much as i enjoyed the overall experience of being one of the fan extras on set, being Claire Foy's place marker in front of the hangman's gallows was a slight disadvantage at that point. Though Basements singing a duet with the hangman whilst between shots still makes me smile occasionally.
Thanks for posting those links - I hadn't seen those vids before :thumbl: and Jaxx always looks good in a corset!
You definitely win hands-down on the beard-growing front though! :wink:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Return to The Kitchen Table