Discworld

We're back!

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

We're back!

Postby hansolobiker » Sat Jul 18, 2020 09:17 am

Congratulations to the United Foot-The-Ball club of Leeds who were promoted to the Patrician's First Division of the Foot-The-Ball League following the Defeat of the Albion Foot-The- Ball club of Western Bromwich by the Terriers of Huddersfield Foot-The -Ball club last evening by the score of two goals to one goal. Let the celebrations begin!
Be afraid! Be very afraid!
Marching on together!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
'If they give you ruled paper ,write the other way!'
hansolobiker

Re: We're back!

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Jul 18, 2020 08:54 pm

*nods wisely*
This is a sport thing.

*continues to nod saguely as they walk away*

Sorry, not a sport fan of even the football of my country, the only football game my Dad took me to as a kid had me reading a book the whole second half. For some reason he never took me again :clown:
Currently semi-irregularly working on the 2010 and 2020 Yearbooks- 2019 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Penners » Sun Jul 19, 2020 07:19 am

Have you watched 'That Damned United' starring Michael Sheen as Brian Clough? It's about his time as manager of Leeds Utd and probably the most accurate portrayal of Clough that I've ever seen. :)
“In theory it was, around now, Literature. Susan hated Literature. She'd much prefer to read a good book.”
Penners

Postby hansolobiker » Sun Jul 19, 2020 08:21 am

Yes! Twas excellent and I remember the whole episode live as it were, especially the YTV interview with Don Revie.
hansolobiker

Postby hansolobiker » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :bounce: :bounce: :lol: Pardon my Klatchian but.....Campeones! Campeones! Ole,ole,ole,ole,ole!
hansolobiker

Return to The Kitchen Table