Discworld

Problems and questions - **NO DIGRESSIONS!!**

Just what it says on the tin, a place for all sorts of useful and useless information.

Re: Problems and questions - **NO DIGRESSIONS!!**

Postby phazedout » Wed Aug 26, 2015 08:27 pm

very spwecific issue.
Soemtimes while mobile (on my tablet) I access the site using chrome. When I pull up chrome again on my desktop, the site has logged me out, despite me elaving the "keep m elogged in" biox ticked.
Tablet is a Samsung galaxy tab 4 (SM-T335)
Desktop si running Fedora 21
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Frank the Younger » Sat Feb 06, 2016 01:19 pm

Over the last few day I have had to log in every time I open the site, is it my system or has something changed?
Grandad III Frank The Younger :-)
Frank the Younger

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun Feb 07, 2016 04:59 pm

Frank the Younger wrote:Over the last few day I have had to log in every time I open the site, is it my system or has something changed?
This has been happening to me too - not every time, but a few times seemingly at random :?
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
Grace Speaker

Postby Frank the Younger » Sun Feb 07, 2016 08:08 pm

Just worked perfectly so no idea what is going on.
Frank the Younger

Postby Molokov » Sun Feb 07, 2016 08:27 pm

I have this on other forum sites (such as terrypratchett.co.uk) but only using Firefox at home - using Firefox at work it remembers me fine (as does this site, in both locations). So it's *possibly* something local to your browser's cookie settings or other stuff locally that is removing the cookies.

But who knows? I've not been able to solve it for myself, even after trying to track it down. Easier just to log in again.
Nullus Anxietas VI - The Discworld Grand Tour - The Australian Discworld Convention
4th-6th August 2017
The Lakes Resort Hotel, West Lakes, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
https://ausdwcon.org
Molokov

Postby Grace Speaker » Sun Feb 07, 2016 09:24 pm

Molokov wrote:I have this on other forum sites (such as terrypratchett.co.uk) but only using Firefox at home - using Firefox at work it remembers me fine (as does this site, in both locations). So it's *possibly* something local to your browser's cookie settings or other stuff locally that is removing the cookies.

But who knows? I've not been able to solve it for myself, even after trying to track it down. Easier just to log in again.
Actually, now you come to mention it, I've had a lot of trouble recently with being logged out of various websites unexpectedly not just our dear ol' Emporium Forum. Is it Microsoft buggering about with bowsers again?
Grace Speaker

Postby Darren » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:33 pm

The standard first thing to try is to delete all the board cookies. There's a link at the bottom right hand corner of the forum pages to do that. Then fully close your browser, restart it and log in again and see if it sticks.
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Whos Wee Dug » Tue Feb 09, 2016 02:19 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:
Frank the Younger wrote:Over the last few day I have had to log in every time I open the site, is it my system or has something changed?
This has been happening to me too - not every time, but a few times seemingly at random :?

I find if I run certain antisyware programmes it wipes all the cookies out because the delete cookies box is ticked and I have to login again, otherwise I'm Ok.
A Midgie in yur hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Whos Wee Dug

Postby Aelspeth » Mon Feb 22, 2016 09:58 pm

Hello, I was wondering about the Ankh Morpork property pack. Is each pack the same or are there various properties?
Aelspeth

Postby SANEAlex » Tue Feb 23, 2016 03:19 pm

Aelspeth wrote:Hello, I was wondering about the Ankh Morpork property pack. Is each pack the same or are there various properties?

You might want to contact the shop directly for a proper detailed answer to that, if nobody on the forum has bought more than one IIRC I think there were various options but I am not 100% sure *1 http://www.discworldemporium.com/index. ... on/contact

*1 & if there weren't knowing the Cunning Artificers entrepreneurial skills there might be soon :wink: :twisted:
Someone has to tilt at windmills.
So that we know what to do when the real giants come!!!!
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU 'nk you Professor Sir“Mr”Terry Pratchett(pTerry)OBE #BlackboardMonitor #TheManInTheHat,Author #GuiltyOfLiterature !!!!
SANEAlex

Postby phalarope » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:41 am

Greetings Aelspeth, and welcome to the Forum. Your best bet is to phone the Emporium. They are delightfully friendly and helpful.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Frank the Younger » Wed May 18, 2016 10:02 am

I've just had a Topic reply notification in "Sport Spoilers: Post details and comments about sports here" but it took me to the first message any idea why?

This is the URL http://www.discworldemporium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11823&p=733142&e=733142
Frank the Younger

Postby Darren » Wed May 18, 2016 10:49 am

Frank the Younger wrote:I've just had a Topic reply notification in "Sport Spoilers: Post details and comments about sports here" but it took me to the first message any idea why?

This is the URL http://www.discworldemporium.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=11823&p=733142&e=733142

From a quick look in the logs, the post that triggered it was deleted again by its author. Hence the redirection to the actual post embedded in the link can't be made, so the board software takes the best available option which is going to the first post in the thread.
Grumpy old mod.
Darren

Postby Frank the Younger » Wed May 18, 2016 11:21 am

Darren wrote:
Frank the Younger wrote:I've just had a Topic reply notification in "Sport Spoilers: Post details and comments about sports here" but it took me to the first message any idea why?

From a quick look in the logs, the post that triggered it was deleted again by its author. Hence the redirection to the actual post embedded in the link can't be made, so the board software takes the best available option which is going to the first post in the thread.

Thanks
Frank the Younger

Postby phazedout » Sat May 21, 2016 07:47 am

Two things
Firstly, downtime yesterday, and major issues?
Secondly, I still have the access forum on tablet and it logs me out on pc and vice versa, any tips on this would he appreciated
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

PreviousNext

Return to Useful Information