Discworld

For Bernard

General Stamp discussion.

Postby Moogworzel » Mon Feb 14, 2005 09:40 pm

Kiyomi wrote:I may be thinking of a different charity auction, but the one I remember was just for a complete sheet of the Tower of arts with the two variants. I do rememeber it going for a TON of money although I did not check the final price.

I think it was for the tsunami appeal & went for about £400 to a member called philthecaver. Don't think he's registered here & I only remember because he outbid me on some books I was after (not even sure they were TP books - I do have other interests, honest, I'm not totally sad. OK, OK, I am dammit... millennium hand & shrimp)
Moogworzel

Re: For Bernard

Postby Bernard the Stout » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:19 am

chrisdibbler wrote:Just thought id strat this forum so bernard can have aquick glance here to see what people want rather than trawling through the other forums

Just out of a matter of interest would you consider doing an annual limeted ediotion set of all the stamps produced that year similar to the royal mail books,

or maybe by spacial request

They could be bound and laminated so that the couldnt be sold on separate

OK, if the membership of this forum would like a dedicated stamp, and I can tie it in to a ‘real’ Discworld scenario, then I’ll do it.
On the basis that a lot of you seem to spend more than is good for you on our stamps, and also devote your waking hours to hammering a keyboard, we have a sort of student type. Students are found in the UU, and Terry has suggested that we have a series UU stamps, … so …..
If you like the idea, I’ll get a HEX / UU stamp up for Christmas.
I’ll rough some drawings out for Terry for his input, he does have some really good ideas, hence the T of A stamps.
Isobel does all the sums, but we could sell them individually for well under a pound, or in a special folder like the Post Office, but that would wind the cost up.
If you like the idea, poll or whatever, and if we can get enough wind, we’ll have a go I’m sure.
Bernard the Stout
Cunning Artificer

Postby Addicted » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:22 am

Sounds like a good idea to me!
Addicted

Postby Bonsai » Tue Feb 15, 2005 06:41 am

I think thats a brilliant idea, and as what i feel everyone would want well exclusivly journal members, a special folder would give it that something extra ummph appeal, but there should be a stipulation that on no account should one appear on ebay otherwise dire conseqences would occur to that person/s :?
Bonsai

Postby unohoo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 09:43 am

Bernard,

As always, and you know this well, if you make it, I'll buy it.

Peter.
unohoo

For Bernard

Postby nevermind » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:03 am

A definite YES for me
nevermind

Postby Rammie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:06 am

please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
Rammie

Postby Cara » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:16 am

Rammie
Would I be right in thinking you want one? :lol:
Cara

Postby Rammie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:21 am

You might be :D
Rammie

Postby unohoo » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:29 am

An exclusive forum members stamp would be great. No advertising needed, just email all the forum members.
unohoo

Postby DerQuaestor » Tue Feb 15, 2005 01:14 pm

Great idea! I would even buy one without seeing it first ;)
"And now I must fly - except that I mustn't"
DerQuaestor

Postby The_Luggage » Tue Feb 15, 2005 02:48 pm

Count me in.

Also would it not be worth a tie in with the Unreal estate, and generate a stamp to go with each building. Obviously limited to the limited number of each building.

Especially the new Post office which looks Exceptional. Anychance there is going to be a mail coach or 3 with the piece like the accessories on the other buildings.

How about a cover for each building? with a special insert for the owners of the unreal estate and a further limited number with no insert for general sale, so all dedicated collectors could get one too.
The_Luggage

Postby Rammie » Tue Feb 15, 2005 02:51 pm

Not sure the stamp collecting community would appreciate stamps and covers only being available to the lucky few who own pieces of the Unreal Estate. I'd love to see them, but doubt it could happen
Rammie

Postby Susan Sto Helit » Tue Feb 15, 2005 02:53 pm

I don't know about an Unreal Estate tie-in, as I'm struggling to afford just the stamps! I can't afford to buy the models as well, just to get the stamps. But then I'd have to, coz I can't go without! :wink:
Susan Sto Helit
Society Mod

Postby Bonsai » Tue Feb 15, 2005 03:24 pm

The UU stamp tie in does sound good but isnt it comming away from the main ideas of the stamps and thats what would get posted in the Discworld :?
Bonsai

PreviousNext

Return to The Stamps