Discworld

For Bernard

General Stamp discussion.

Postby Kiyomi » Tue Feb 15, 2005 03:52 pm

Remember HEX and the FTB incident :wink: And it does believe in the Hogfather so I don't see why HEX couldn't have it's own stamp if it wanted one, I can just imagine it demanding one of it's own from Ponder now :D
Kiyomi

Postby theloyalwolf » Tue Feb 15, 2005 04:32 pm

Surely a UU stamp series would make sense, especially if the wizards are going to follow Professor Pelc's lead and take to posting books manuals around the disc just to prove that clacks are slow... Though what disc-wide-book-delivery-with-added-magical-risk-insurance-stamps would cost I hate to think... less than Royal Mail would charge I have no doubt...

Its a wonderful idea, go for it...though I feel Member Number 21 should feel that he is lucky enough just to be member 21 and therefore shouldn't be sad if he gets missed out.........
theloyalwolf

Postby Bonsai » Tue Feb 15, 2005 04:41 pm

Ah i didnt say that the stamps issued buy wizzards wouldnt be a good idea just if they tie in with the very ltd edition buildings.
Bonsai

Postby The_Luggage » Tue Feb 15, 2005 05:04 pm

I still think that getting a stamp with the building would be a good idea.

Look at all the people paying over a £100 for a stamp!

Wouldn`t they like to pay £200 for a special stamp and get a free work of art with it too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which looks better for your money? the Stamp or the Building?

I know both are works of art in their own right before I get loads of you complaining that the stamps are works of art too, and I realise the Stamps are easier to show off.

Plus added bonus of no dusting. :D
The_Luggage

Postby Moshienko » Tue Feb 15, 2005 06:41 pm

The_Luggage wrote:I still think that getting a stamp with the building would be a good idea.

Wouldn`t they like to pay £200 for a special stamp and get a free work of art with it too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's great if you can afford to buy the buildings in the first place but how many people using this forum could honestly say that spending £200 on a single *extra special* stamp (or building) wouldn't give them any problems because I know I sure can't afford it.

While the idea of having a vast range of stamps for every possible place/person/occasion is great the practicality of it isn't necessarily so hot, especially when the credit card bill rolls in.
"AND THEN PLEASE CLEAN UP THE DAMN BUTTER"

Thief of Time
Moshienko

Postby Bernard the Stout » Wed Feb 16, 2005 04:14 pm

Moshienko wrote:
The_Luggage wrote:I still think that getting a stamp with the building would be a good idea.

That's great if you can afford to buy the buildings in the first place but how many people using this forum could honestly say that spending £200 on a single *extra special* stamp (or building) wouldn't give them any problems because I know I sure can't afford it.

While the idea of having a vast range of stamps for every possible place/person/occasion is great the practicality of it isn't necessarily so hot, especially when the credit card bill rolls in.

I have to agree here,
Our sculptures are by their very nature expensive. You can’t make that sort of quality without it being so, and survive.
Terry and I always looked on the stamps as being a low cost item that could be collected for very little expenditure.
If you look at what Isobel and I charge, I hope you’ll think it’s reasonable, we certainly try to make it so.
It’s the secondary market that fires up the price, but if we can build up a band of collectors then we can at least be assured that they are getting the benefit of our prices.
Bernard the Stout
Cunning Artificer

Postby Bonsai » Wed Feb 16, 2005 05:57 pm

I'd love one or two of the buildings but alas i cant afford them at present, plus the other half would kill me. :(
Bonsai

Postby unohoo » Wed Feb 16, 2005 06:00 pm

I have them all. The Mrs loves them too. :D
unohoo

Postby Bonsai » Wed Feb 16, 2005 06:03 pm

Its alright for some i wish my misses was as forgoing as that :cry:
Bonsai

The Old Stamps

Postby Matthej » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:07 am

Bernard,
The revamp of the web site is wonderful, especially the details of the newly released stamps.
However, is it possible to give the same treatment to the "old" stamps?The pictures and descriptions of these seem not to be available anymore.
;-)
Matthej

Possible new sculptures?

Postby Matthej » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:28 am

Bernard,
I realise that you probably have an awful lot on your plate with the new Post office Building, but here is an idea that you may already have thought of.

As a child we were sent out by school to get a 'brass' rubbing of all the different post boxes in the area, as each monarch has their own design.

Would post boxes from different eras / towns / countries be another item to grace collectors shelves?

I realise that this may sound silly, but not as much as 30 12 year olds running round with large bits of paper and crayons holding up the GPO.....
;-)
Matthej

Postby EvonneW » Thu Feb 17, 2005 05:38 pm

I realise it is a little late to chip in, but a forum stamp would be great!
EvonneW

Previous

Return to The Stamps