Discworld

The Treacle Mine Road LBE

General Stamp discussion.

The Treacle Mine Road LBE

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu May 21, 2015 01:18 pm

Am ridiculously pleased that we've got an LBE to mark the Glorious 25th of May this year! :D :D :D And it comes with not one, but TWO gorgeous new stamps!! :thumbl: :thumbl:

Ian - what a clever thing to do with the Sgt John Keel stamp!! LOVE it! I will definitely be up 'til midnight just to order this sheet alone!
Quick question though, the John Keel sheet is a limited edition of how many?

And well done to Carol for spotting and posting the TMR Watch House sport before the Shop have even got their promo email out!! :thumbr: :D
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Re: The Treacle Mine Road LBE

Postby phalarope » Thu May 21, 2015 01:21 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:And well done to Carol for spotting and posting the TMR Watch House sport before the Shop have even got their promo email out!! :thumbr: :D

I blame it all on Charles, who noticed the updated page from the Shop and posted it for the benefit of all. :D
Last edited by phalarope on Thu May 21, 2015 01:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu May 21, 2015 01:25 pm

phalarope wrote:I blame it all on Charles, who noticed the updated page from the Shop and posted it for the benefit of all. :D

I think we've discovered a new unit of Time (like the New York second) - we have the Discworld Stamp second: the fraction of time taken between the shop listing a new stamp or LBE on their website and one of us Flatalists spotting it! :lol:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Muba » Thu May 21, 2015 04:01 pm

A fine pair of stamps Ian. The Keel layout is an improvement on the Vimes. The 25p panel looks good, and the HV bust and watch badge fit so well with the portrait. The Watch house reminds me of others, but those others are some of the best.

Now I am hearing rumours there could be other Watch stamps, and you tell us there is to be a series of historic AM.
My preference would be to have like stamps together in my album. So how many of each are planned, and will they dribble out in LBEs this year?
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Reb » Thu May 21, 2015 05:29 pm

Hello folks,

:oops: I come to you tail between legs, hoping for forgiveness after It was swiftly pointed out by a hawk-eyed marvel that I have mistakenly listed the value of the Keel stamp as $1 when it is in fact 25p.

To make overt excuses, listing products, making images, and compiling a newsletter and can be a little bit pressurised at busy times. I was also waylaid by a lovely (but unexpected) group of visitors from Canada (hence the delay between going live and issuing the newsletter). Suffice to say, with subsequent phone calls and such, I just wasn't as thorough as usual - If I had a bollock you might say that I dropped it.

For those who have shared the products pre-correction...
Please bear in mind that I have to make the products 'live' in order to create the links in the newsletter the product information is not necessarily at a stage of completion as soon as they go up - information may need to be honed, added or amended as the letter takes shape. It therefore isn't recommend to share product previews until the newsletter is released for the sake of clarity (gods know our schmutter is confusing at the best of times).

In this instance, due to my blunder, I have had to change the SEO keyword (the product identifier & link text displayed in your search bar), meaning that any links to the Keel issue made before will be defunct and you will need to repost.

So a MASSIVE apology for my error, and gracious thanks for your p-p-p-p-word

If you wish to throw humorous insultations or offers of redemption at me in your order comments please feel free!! xxxxxx
Discworld Emporium
Reb

Postby phalarope » Thu May 21, 2015 05:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Of course you are forgiven Reb - particularly by me, who could spot the sport, but not the denomination inconsistency :oops:
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu May 21, 2015 05:52 pm

phalarope wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Of course you are forgiven Reb - particularly by me, who could spot the sport, but not the denomination inconsistency :oops:
Wot she said! I didn't spot it either as, as usual, was too busy looking for the sport :roll:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Reb » Thu May 21, 2015 06:17 pm

Bless you ladies! If Justin Thompson didn't exist then many more bollocks would hit the deck, so we say THANK YOU Justin for delivering us (me) from confusion :thumbr:

Muba, as for Watch Stamps these will likely be the last, though there may be more Historic Ankh-Morporks as there may be more Inventors and Artworks!

xx
Discworld Emporium
Reb

Postby Muba » Thu May 21, 2015 07:00 pm

Reb wrote:there may be more Historic Ankh-Morporks as there may be more Inventors and Artworks!

xx

Keep 'em coming
You are welcome at The Discworld Stamp Collector on FaceBook and The Discworld Stamp Collector web site which has in-depth reviews of some issues and collectable items.
Muba

Postby Murgatroyd » Thu May 21, 2015 07:31 pm

Reb: It's not your fault!!!
I shouldn't have drawn attention to a work in progress.
I should have waited for the official release message.
But I had been waiting with as much of the "P" word as I could muster, and was excited about the new releases.
Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa.
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby steeljam » Thu May 21, 2015 09:40 pm

Here is the Watch House as Bernerd created it from Terry's description. I think you will agree the stamp designer has done an excellent job in rendering the building.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu May 21, 2015 09:55 pm

Thanks for posting that pic :thumbl: The stamp is indeed a brilliant depiction of Bernard's wonderful recreation of Terry's astonishing imagination !! :D
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby the_apprentice » Fri May 22, 2015 08:08 am

***Internal Memo only***

'ere, Reb, what if we tell 'em it IS a dollar stamp but all the ones on the sheet are '25p' sports?
the_apprentice

Postby the_apprentice » Fri May 22, 2015 08:14 am

...and a big thank you to Steeljam for providing the image from which this stamp was drawn. For those who have an interest in such thing, the illustrator on this one was Peter Dennis (who also bought you the Lawyers' Guild, Fools' Guild, Thieves' Guild, Bloodaxe and Ironhammer, Iron Girder, Man with Dog, history of AMPO series and many others.) the designer, as ever, was muggins here.
the_apprentice

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri May 22, 2015 10:28 am

the_apprentice wrote:...and a big thank you to Steeljam for providing the image from which this stamp was drawn. For those who have an interest in such thing, the illustrator on this one was Peter Dennis (who also bought you the Lawyers' Guild, Fools' Guild, Thieves' Guild, Bloodaxe and Ironhammer, Iron Girder, Man with Dog, history of AMPO series and many others.) the designer, as ever, was muggins here.
's a marvellous stamp all round :D All of the stamps are such lovely little works of art, that it's always nice to know who has illustrated and designed them :thumbr:

but was a bit distressed to hear that there may be no more Watch stamps :( Hopefully that's just for the time being, right? After all, there's a 25th of May every year (there's at least another 3 lilac stamp possibilities, right there) and at least another 10 Watch houses, if memory serves, and then there's great Watch events (like Carrot arresting the Dragon in Guards! Guards!, Vimes arresting the armies of both AM and Klatch in Jingo, not to mention Koom Valley) . . . she suggested, hopeful that there may be more at some point in the future . . . please?
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Next

Return to The Stamps