Discworld

Weather in your spot on the map.

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: Weather in your spot on the map.

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Oct 01, 2015 01:48 pm

Basement wrote:There's a bright, golden haze over Croydon.
That's the most poetic thing I've ever heard anyone say about Croydon!! Can't say that I ever felt so well disposed to it when I had a Saturday job in the Whitgift Centre as a teenager - mind you I haven't been back there in more years than I care to admit to, so maybe it's improved . . . :wink:

Carole - really hoping you and hubby stay safe during hurricane Joachim! Can you tempt hubby from his hummock with a little something out of Nanny Ogg's Cookbook perhaps? You could throw in a little 'avec' . . . **waggles eyebrows suggestively** :wink: :lol:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Basement » Fri Oct 02, 2015 09:18 am

Grace Speaker wrote:
Basement wrote:There's a bright, golden haze over Croydon.
That's the most poetic thing I've ever heard anyone say about Croydon!!

It was bright and hazy and so I nicked the opening line to Oh, what a beautiful mornin'. Wouldn't have minded have Mr Jackman to sing it to me....
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby I.B.Igor » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:12 am

Gorgeously sunny again, and I have laundry on the line, and remembered to top up the bird feeders. :sunny:
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby Nonny Mouse » Fri Oct 02, 2015 04:34 pm

Temperature drop today as promised. Weather looks perfect for California trip next week. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 07:45 pm

Batten down the hatches! Here comes Joachim . . .

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby phalarope » Fri Oct 02, 2015 08:10 pm

The National Hurricane Center has updated the forecast showing Joaquin staying off the East Coast and arcing off to the northeast*. Pray Om that holds true, because right now Maryland is in the grip of a nasty northeaster and we've already had 6 inches of rain in 3 days, not counting today and it is still bucketing down. With 40 mph wind gusts, too. Might as well be a hurricane, or at least a tropical storm. North Carolina is really getting slammed. Don't need the real deal on top of this, nope, nope, nope. And the poor Bahamians! I think this is day 3 of a Cat 4 hurricane for them. :shock:

Yeep, a tree (and all I have are big ones) just came down in the back 40! The cat and I are seriously disturbed! :shock:

*hope it doesn't make it's way to the UK!
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Oct 02, 2015 08:26 pm

phalarope wrote:The National Hurricane Center has updated the forecast showing Joaquin staying off the East Coast and arcing off to the northeast*. Pray Om that holds true, because right now Maryland is in the grip of a nasty northeaster and we've already had 6 inches of rain in 3 days, not counting today and it is still bucketing down. With 40 mph wind gusts, too. Might as well be a hurricane, or at least a tropical storm. North Carolina is really getting slammed. Don't need the real deal on top of this, nope, nope, nope. And the poor Bahamians! I think this is day 3 of a Cat 4 hurricane for them. :shock:

Yeep, a tree (and all I have are big ones) just came down in the back 40! The cat and I are seriously disturbed! :shock:

*hope it doesn't make it's way to the UK!
Did you get the hubby off the hummock?*

*I'm sure that's a euphemism somewhere . . . :lol:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby phalarope » Fri Oct 02, 2015 08:42 pm

Nope. And now that the forecast has changed, he's glued there even tighter - no reason to leave now, is there?
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby phalarope » Sun Oct 18, 2015 07:12 pm

Winter is getting closer - it was 44 degrees this morning. Ugh.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Nonny Mouse » Mon Oct 19, 2015 04:24 pm

Weather here has finally turned nice. We had some rain but it cooled us off nicely.
Outmaneuvered on all counts, I opt to change the rules.
- Never Cry Wolf
Nonny Mouse

Postby phazedout » Mon Oct 19, 2015 07:00 pm

phalarope wrote:Winter is getting closer - it was 44 degrees this morning. Ugh.

but... 44 degrees is quite warm
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Squigglyx » Mon Oct 19, 2015 09:24 pm

phazedout wrote:
phalarope wrote:Winter is getting closer - it was 44 degrees this morning. Ugh.

but... 44 degrees is quite warm

I think that depends on the degree and scale of separation :)
Squigglyx

Postby I.B.Igor » Tue Oct 20, 2015 01:13 pm

It has been a nice day here in Hampshire, for October, it isn't too bad. :D
Kidney Stones are a thing of the past!, blast them out of your urinary tract with our help!, sponsored by Yorkshire Tea ," we brew it tough ooop North "
I.B.Igor

Postby phalarope » Sun May 15, 2016 05:54 pm

It's supposed to be Spring.

After 3 weeks in the UK, where it was a tad chilly but fine, I returned home to Noah's deluge. 15 straight days of rain. :shock: Yesterday we had sunshine and seasonal temperatures (24 C) combined for the first time in weeks. I spent the day outside in shirtsleeves, soaking up the Vitamin D. At 4 pm a front rolled through with pelting rain and wind. Today we have sustained winds at 20-25 knots with gusts to 35. :shock: Trees are now in full leaf, so they are whipping around like crazy. It was 8 C when I got up this morning and we've probably hit the high for today at 13.

This is tiresome....
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)

Oysters have 4 lips

phalarope

Postby Grace Speaker » Mon May 16, 2016 09:24 am

phalarope wrote:It's supposed to be Spring.

After 3 weeks in the UK, where it was a tad chilly but fine, I returned home to Noah's deluge. 15 straight days of rain. :shock: Yesterday we had sunshine and seasonal temperatures (24 C) combined for the first time in weeks. I spent the day outside in shirtsleeves, soaking up the Vitamin D. At 4 pm a front rolled through with pelting rain and wind. Today we have sustained winds at 20-25 knots with gusts to 35. :shock: Trees are now in full leaf, so they are whipping around like crazy. It was 8 C when I got up this morning and we've probably hit the high for today at 13.

This is tiresome....
Are you sure you've left the UK? - that sounds like a normal spring over here :wink:
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table