Discworld

HISWORLD!

A place to come and chat about anything remotely Discworld, or just the weather.

Re: HISWORLD!

Postby chrisboote » Thu Sep 14, 2017 01:13 pm

Rob's relationship with punctuality is that of distant acquaintances, not master and servant
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
chrisboote

Postby chrisboote » Thu Sep 14, 2017 01:14 pm

Grace Speaker wrote:(I'm looking at you Mr Boote)

Don't know what you're talking about I'm sure :roll:
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
chrisboote

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Sep 14, 2017 02:13 pm

chrisboote wrote:Rob's relationship with punctuality is that of distant acquaintances, not master and servant
That's a relief, as it also seems to be the view of SW Trains! :roll:
X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Basement » Thu Sep 14, 2017 02:47 pm

Looks like the book will be available outside of the museum https://discworld.com/products/collectables/little-blue-book/
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby Grace Speaker » Thu Sep 14, 2017 07:58 pm

Sneaky peak, courtesy of the BBC :D Can't wait!

Terry Pratchett's study reproduced at Salisbury Museum

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Squigglyx » Thu Sep 14, 2017 08:26 pm

Basement wrote:Looks like the book will be available outside of the museum https://discworld.com/products/collectables/little-blue-book/

thanks for the link, got mine ordered :) :bounce: :bounce:
Squigglyx

Postby Pat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 08:50 pm

Basement wrote:If Mr Wilkins is there on time... (he was a "few" minutes late for opening the Owl Parliament at Birdworld)

A "few" minutes? Has he actually arrived yet?
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

Postby phazedout » Fri Sep 15, 2017 07:27 am

Pat wrote:
Basement wrote:If Mr Wilkins is there on time... (he was a "few" minutes late for opening the Owl Parliament at Birdworld)

A "few" minutes? Has he actually arrived yet?

If only we had someobody who could talk, perhaps even a person who professionally adresses groups of people for a living, alas, there clearly isnät such a person around.....
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby Librarians Apprentice » Fri Sep 15, 2017 08:49 am

Basement wrote:Looks like the book will be available outside of the museum https://discworld.com/products/collectables/little-blue-book/

Oook!

They only ship inside the UK :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wrote to Discworld.com, but they might not change their selling policy in time for me, so I'm still going to rely on Basement (or anyone else who will be there) to buy a copy from the exhibit.
What ape? Oook! :book:
Librarians Apprentice

Postby Basement » Fri Sep 15, 2017 05:14 pm

Librarians Apprentice wrote:

I wrote to Discworld.com, but they might not change their selling policy in time for me, so I'm still going to rely on Basement (or anyone else who will be there) to buy a copy from the exhibit.

I didn't know that. I'm sure we can come up with something!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Basement

Postby Grace Speaker » Fri Sep 15, 2017 06:17 pm

GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby MrSavage » Fri Sep 15, 2017 09:03 pm

Hope everyone has a great time tomorrow, I plan to make the trip down from Scotland some time in October
MrSavage

Postby Kelshandra » Sat Sep 16, 2017 08:56 pm

Librarians Apprentice wrote:

Oook!

Wait what? Are you sure? I've just bought one from them yesterday and they are shipping it down here to XXXX? I mean I had to select international shipping as an option but I currently have an email in my inbox with the confirmation of the order? You have me worried that it's going to be cancelled now which will make me very upset :S
The Geeky Goblin My irregular crafting inspirations
Currently working on the 2010 and 2018 Yearbooks- 2017 is ready to go!
GNU Terry Pratchett
Kelshandra

Postby Grace Speaker » Sat Sep 16, 2017 09:46 pm

What a wonderful day and what a brilliant exhibition :D :D :D
So many precious things to see, all with their own footnotes - Terry's own hand painted and pencil drawn illustrations, wonderful photos and snippets of Terry's own words, hats, swords, statues, jewellery, escaped Feegles, beautiful artwork from Josh Kirby, Paul Kidby and others, typewriters and a signed copy of the entire screenplay of Good Omens, fresh from the first read through! Oh the temptation to 'accidentally' trip over and break the glass of the display cabinet! :wink:

And thanks to the lovely Mr Paul Kidby turning up early for the book signing session, some of us were lucky enough to get a sneak peak of the new book, Discworld Imaginarium which is a work of absolute beauty! I can't wait for this to be released! :D :bounce: :D If it's not on your Hogswatch/Christmas/birthday wish list yet, put it to the top of the list. All our favourite artworks are in there, with a fair few you might never have seen before and some brand new ones produced just for this book. It is GORGEOUS!

Librarians Apprentice wrote:They only ship inside the UK :cry: :cry: :cry:

OK, they were very strict about these books today and they were strictly limited to one book per person . . . :(

. . . but I had a chat with Mr Rob Wilkins Esq and after only a few minutes begging and pleading he very kindly agreed to bend the rules and allow me to get another one for you :D After a further round of begging and pleading both he and Paul Kidby also agreed to sign it for you :D You'll love what Rob's written :wink:
PM me your address & I'll work out what the P&P is
GNU Stephen Hawking
Grace Speaker

Postby Pat » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:00 am

Grace Speaker wrote: Oh the temptation to 'accidentally' trip over and break the glass of the display cabinet! :wink:

We won't need to break the glass if my plan to sneak in an MRI scanner works. We can get an image of each page...
My next project is a book in which I explore the influence of the music of Beyonce on the writings of J R R Tolkien. It's called "It you write it, you have to put a ring in it"
Pat
Monitor

PreviousNext

Return to The Kitchen Table