Discworld

What's in this box?....oh!

General Stamp discussion.

What's in this box?....oh!

Postby Drayax » Sun Feb 03, 2019 08:06 pm

Hi all.

I used to collect Discworld stamps for a couple of years back in 2014/15. Some here might remember me.

Anyways I've been trying to have a bit of a clear out lately since my other half and I bought a house recently and we have our first kid on the way, when I stumbled across my Collection. The box has been gathering dust and I can't really justify starting up again or keeping them so I was wondering what the reselling market is like on eBay these days. I had a quick look on there and the pickings are quite slim.
"It's only stamps, sir. I mean there's no law against stamps..." - Cheery Littlebottom.
Drayax

Re: What's in this box?....oh!

Postby steeljam » Sun Feb 03, 2019 08:37 pm

Drayax wrote:Hi all.
I used to collect Discworld stamps for a couple of years back in 2014/15. Some here might remember me.
Anyways I've been trying to have a bit of a clear out lately since my other half and I bought a house recently and we have our first kid on the way, when I stumbled across my Collection. The box has been gathering dust and I can't really justify starting up again or keeping them so I was wondering what the reselling market is like on eBay these days. I had a quick look on there and the pickings are quite slim.

Unless you have some triangle sports spirited away, you are not going to get a lot from your collection. You might be lucky with the odd sport; maybe a couple of quid per sport.
Flickr Photos : DW Events : Discworld Stamp Catalogue : Motorcycle diaries
Register your birthday on the forum
X-Clacks-Overhead GNU Terry Pratchett
steeljam
Monitor

Postby Drayax » Sun Feb 03, 2019 08:54 pm

I thought that might be the case. I'll keep hold of them for now then.

Looking up stamps and being back on the forum has really set my magpie brain whirring again.
"It's only stamps, sir. I mean there's no law against stamps..." - Cheery Littlebottom.
Drayax

Postby Murgatroyd » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:32 pm

Some things will fetch quite a good sum, like the Assassins covers AKA zombie envelopes or any from the Sunshine Sanctuary series. The Eaten by snails series also attract a fair amount of interest... In fact any really early covers will be snapped up. As will anything that was an early gift from Uncle Bernard, like sheets that were never available for purchase. Year 1 Hogswatch sheets also fetch very good money. Another worthwhile ploy is to scan the trading lists and offer items to people who have them listed as "Wants". Best of luck!
I can only conclude that I'm paying off Karma at a vastly accelerated rate.
Susan Ivanova. Babylon 5
Murgatroyd

Postby phalarope » Mon Feb 04, 2019 02:31 am

Murgatroyd wrote: Another worthwhile ploy is to scan the trading lists and offer items to people who have them listed as "Wants".
Me for example. :wink: :D
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Postby phazedout » Mon Feb 04, 2019 08:58 pm

phalarope wrote:
Murgatroyd wrote: Another worthwhile ploy is to scan the trading lists and offer items to people who have them listed as "Wants".

Now Ive got an image of Carol singing queens "I want it all" in my head....
[regarding Alan Rickman] He had Tim Curry's ability to save the day by putting literally all the scenery in his mouth and gnawing on it like a deranged woodchuck.
phazedout

Location: Ballina, Mayo the sunny west of Ireland (rimwards of wincanton)

Postby phalarope » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:43 am

phazedout wrote:
phalarope wrote:

Now Ive got an image of Carol singing queens "I want it all" in my head....

:lol: :lol: :lol: And I want it now!
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.' -- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips

X-Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett
phalarope

Return to The Stamps