Discworld

German Convention 2019

Announcements & information regarding the Discworld Conventions.

German Convention 2019

Postby Pat » Sat Aug 17, 2019 09:48 pm

Anyone else going? What's the best route? What's the nearest airport? I've driven before, but train might be more relaxing...
This is my sort of recipe book. "Wrap the pastry in a damp cloth and chill for 20 minutes." Don't mind if I do.
User avatar
Pat
Monitor
 
Posts: 13464
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby chrisboote » Sun Aug 18, 2019 01:34 pm

Frankfurt is still the nearest airport

The nearest railway station is called Witzenhausen Nord (not Witzenhausen-Gertenbach). At this station, the lovely committee offer a minibus pickup service

Which day, and what time, are you going?

Thursday, best train is at 14:42

Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf 14:42 (2:52) 1 ICE, RE 35,90 EUR / 67,00 EUR
Witzenhausen Nord 17:34
Last edited by chrisboote on Sun Aug 18, 2019 01:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
User avatar
chrisboote
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 08:51 am

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby Pat » Sun Aug 18, 2019 01:42 pm

chrisboote wrote:Which day, and what time, are you going?

I was planning to travel on Thursday or early Friday and return Monday. What about you?
This is my sort of recipe book. "Wrap the pastry in a damp cloth and chill for 20 minutes." Don't mind if I do.
User avatar
Pat
Monitor
 
Posts: 13464
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby chrisboote » Sun Aug 18, 2019 01:57 pm

Pat wrote:
chrisboote wrote:Which day, and what time, are you going?

I was planning to travel on Thursday or early Friday and return Monday. What about you?

Out Thursday, back to FRA Sunday night, stay a couple of days with a friend
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
User avatar
chrisboote
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 08:51 am

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby chrisboote » Sun Aug 18, 2019 02:04 pm

Actually there's a 16:09 that has better connection times, but doesn't work for any flight from Heathrow :(

Station/Stop Time Platform Products Further information
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf dep 16:09 Fern 7 ICE 1633 Intercity-Express Direction: Berlin Gesundbrunnen
Komfort Check-in möglich http://bahn.de/komfortcheckin , Bordrestaurant
Operator: DB Fernverkehr AG
Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe arr 17:42 7
Transfer time 23 min.

Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe dep 18:05 1 RE 9 (74717) ABELLIO Rail Mitteldeutschland GmbH Direction: Halle(Saale)Hbf
Number of bicycles conveyed limited , vehicle-mounted accessaid , power sockets for laptop , ticket machine on train
Operator: ABELLIO Rail Mitteldeutschland GmbH
Witzenhausen Nord arr 18:34 1
Using your old computer to shop for a new computer online is rather cruel
It's like asking your dying wife if she has any cute girlfriends
User avatar
chrisboote
 
Posts: 5685
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 08:51 am

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby annebn » Wed Aug 21, 2019 01:44 pm

chrisboote wrote:Actually there's a 16:09 that has better connection times, but doesn't work for any flight from Heathrow :(

Station/Stop Time Platform Products Further information
Frankfurt(M) Flughafen Fernbf dep 16:09 Fern 7 ICE 1633 Intercity-Express Direction: Berlin Gesundbrunnen
Komfort Check-in möglich http://bahn.de/komfortcheckin , Bordrestaurant
Operator: DB Fernverkehr AG
Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe arr 17:42 7
Transfer time 23 min.

Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe dep 18:05 1 RE 9 (74717) ABELLIO Rail Mitteldeutschland GmbH Direction: Halle(Saale)Hbf
Number of bicycles conveyed limited , vehicle-mounted accessaid , power sockets for laptop , ticket machine on train
Operator: ABELLIO Rail Mitteldeutschland GmbH
Witzenhausen Nord arr 18:34 1


I'll probably be on that one (flying in from Copenhagen).
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
User avatar
annebn
 
Posts: 4988
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Copenhagen

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby Pat » Wed Aug 21, 2019 03:03 pm

annebn wrote:I'll probably be on that one (flying in from Copenhagen).


When does your flight get in? I haven't booked yet.
This is my sort of recipe book. "Wrap the pastry in a damp cloth and chill for 20 minutes." Don't mind if I do.
User avatar
Pat
Monitor
 
Posts: 13464
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby annebn » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:01 am

Pat wrote:
annebn wrote:I'll probably be on that one (flying in from Copenhagen).


When does your flight get in? I haven't booked yet.


14.45, according to plan
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
User avatar
annebn
 
Posts: 4988
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Copenhagen

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby Pat » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:14 pm

annebn wrote:
Pat wrote:
annebn wrote:I'll probably be on that one (flying in from Copenhagen).


When does your flight get in? I haven't booked yet.


14.45, according to plan

My current plan is to get the 11:20 from Manchester which gets to Frankfurt at 14:00. Will you be my train buddy? ;-)
This is my sort of recipe book. "Wrap the pastry in a damp cloth and chill for 20 minutes." Don't mind if I do.
User avatar
Pat
Monitor
 
Posts: 13464
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:11 am
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire

Re: German Convention 2019

Postby annebn » Tue Sep 03, 2019 01:57 pm

Pat wrote:
annebn wrote:
14.45, according to plan

My current plan is to get the 11:20 from Manchester which gets to Frankfurt at 14:00. Will you be my train buddy? ;-)

Absolutely!
Humans are always slightly lost. It's a basic characteristic. It explains a lot about them
-Terry Pratchett, Lord and ladies
User avatar
annebn
 
Posts: 4988
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2005 12:15 pm
Location: Copenhagen


Return to Discworld Convention

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests